Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pulau Ubin Trips - Sept & Oct 2008

5 Oct - My recce trip to Ubin. Though I was in Ubin the week before, this trip was even more fun as I brought a few of my best buddies and good friends along. Though I came prepared this time, checking out for any new places to visit or that I have missed on the internet, I was unable to find the top point of a quarry where you can get a good view of the neighbouring quarries and lakes. Hopefully I can find it one day. My ex-department didn't manage to plan the trip as some were not interested. But I will be going to Ubin this early December 2009 with the super fun Corporate Audit team in my present company. They have invited my group to join in the fun and, best of all, we get to discuss on the itinerary and the trip is funded! =)

27 Sept - It had been a long ~ time since I been to Pulau Ubin then. I think the last was when I was in Secondary 4, 9 years back. I was fortunate to be invited to join this trip by my good friend, SoonLee The best part of the trip was cycling and exploring Ubin, and meeting old friends and making new ones. If I am not wrong, the last time I ever rode a bike was also in Ubin when I was in Secondary 4. I was not confident on cycling in the beginning. But after the first 5 mins testing out the bike, I felt that I could managed. The gang brought me around Ubin, to places I have never seen before. It was fun, we even manage to spot a python. When I went back to office the next day, I told my ex-colleagues* about the trip. Some were interested and ask me to organize one for the ex-department, hence I planned a recce trip above. *I have a new job now.

No comments: