Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hoover Dam




Mar 16th - We took a 45 minutes ride to Hoover Dam from Vegas. Though it was a Tuesday, there were many people at the dam and most are Americans, they do know where to go for sightseeing. After visiting the exhibition centre, we headed back towards Nevada and stopped at a rest point a little further back where we had a great view of Lake Mead. On the ride back home, I was given a chance to drive across the desert in our korean van. I drove up to a speed of 80 miles per hour (130km/h) which was the fastest I can handle, Ding usually drive an average of 80mph and up to 90mph. To make it worse, at one point, there were construction blocks along one side of my lane and the other had many large container trucks, a truck or two even went across the divider line of the 2 lane road. I had to hand the wheel over to Ding at the next exit as I, we, felt that it was too dangerous for me.

No comments: