Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ruby Mountain




15th June - I signed up for a 9 days Green Tortoise Adventure Trip - Northern Pioneer just 2 days before departure. http://www.greentortoise.com/ I managed to borrow all my camping and hiking gears from my friend from Maxim, Tim Rust. Our group of 27 met at San Francisco's Greyhound Station in the evening, not knowing each other, we start to make friends, which later grew into strong friendships in the next 8 days. The majority were from America and Europe. A NUS student, Valerie, a chinese, Kevin, who had stayed in SF for 15 years and I were the only asians. When the bus arrived, I was surprised to find out how the bus seat were later converted to beds for up to 40 people! This day is the beginning of the best moments of my stay in America.
16th June - We woke up in the Ruby Mountains of Northern Nevada and set up tables to prepare breakfast and lunch. We then hiked to the glacier-carved lakes of Lamoille Canyon where we had to climb through thick snow at a point. Our shoes were wet, and our feet and hands were cold as we prevented ourselves from slipping. We unwound in an isolated hot spring after dinner. During the night as we slept on the bus, we were being driven to our next destination.

No comments: