Monday, April 30, 2007

Muir Woods




21th Apr - I had lunch with Josie, a friend from Karate, and her husband, Allan, at a pasta restaurant at Sanata Row. They are really nice. I had lunch with Allan at National Semiconductor, a mile away from Maxim, on the following Tuesday. He toured me round his company and, wow, is it amazingly huge and beautiful. It has a 14 hectares park which has a softball field, a soccer field, a sand volleyball court, many BBQ pits, water fountains etc. They even have their own gym and library, not to mention, a set of equipments and a desk for each engineer!!!
After the lunch with Josie and Allan, I had a game of volleyball at Montague Park with Maxim's volleyball team. I managed to contact the captain and they are so kind to welcome me for friendly games, we also play during Wednesdays' lunch in Maxim.
22th Apr - I picked James gor from SFO. In the afternoon, I drove down to join Emily and friends for volleyball at a sand volleyball court in a Homestead church. We ended my night with spicy beef noodle after playing in the freezing cold.
29th Apr - Finally we got to taste Grace jie's cooking again after she and the kids touched down on the 27th and she was able to beat her jet-lag. James gor, Rachel, Mitchell and I went down to Cupertino Cherry Blossom Festival where James gor did some demonstrations. We then realised that our sensei, teacher, Jay Castellano, is a USA Karate Champion.
29th Apr - We went on a hiking trip at Muir Woods.

No comments: